Skip to main content

Bio Data

Melisa Ríos Quitral is an undergraduate student, specifically in fifth year of anthropology, in the University of Chile, Santiago, Chile. She received a scholarship for an excellent achievement in Santa Marta's college, the school that she coursed for 12 year. After two years of career in the university, she was rewarded for her helpful attitude in the activities of the university. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free time

Hi classmates! Today, in this blog, I am going to talk about an activity that I like to do in my free time. Lately, I have not had much free time, to be honest. Whatever. I like to draw. In fact, I already mentioned it in a previous post, but it doesn't matter haha. I like to draw people, faces exactly. I remember that when I was 12 I drew a table with a tablecoth on it because I was bored and I couldn't move because I was sick. Lately I have not drawn because it's the end of the semester, so I'm scared right now, but if I have days off, I will draw. This activity involves a lot o patience, perseverance and tolerance to failure, especially at the beginning, because there are times when the drawings do not remain as we want, and you don't need too much money, you just need a paper sheet, an eraser and a pencil (unless you want to paint with oil, that's expensive haha). Now that I think about it, I don't now exactly why I enjoy doing this activity, maybe be...

Ambition

Hi again, guys! Today, in this post I will talk about an ambition that I would like to achieve in a near future, but I think that is not an ambition, it's like a dream. Whatever. Maybe an ambition that I have is go to another country, specifically India.  This "ambition" started in the summer of 2014, when I was 14. I was running with a friend in a park, and when we stop, we started a really good conversation about countries and beliefs, and we decided to go in the future (maybe after finishing studying our careers, or when we're older) to go to India. I don't know why, but I think that going to this country will be a mystical and magical experience, because were both love that country full of culture and we are sure that this country can teach us many things. So, if one day I think seriously about going to India, and if I have money too, I will go with my friend, because it's like a promise or something similar. Actually I am not doing anything to achiev...

Language

Pagel start by saying that language can implant ideas in your mind. He start with the story of Babel tower in Bible and says that this story is a warning about the power of language. He references this story because God felt that his power can finish with this tower that people want to make. For this reason, God destroyed the tower and scattered the people, bu giving them different languages, to ensure that the tower would never be rebuilt. I think that this opinion about the origin of language it's kind of religious, and maybe he need to investigate with other focus of attention, but it's a good analogy to start. To understand the evolution, he start to talking about chimpanzees. He says that chimpanzees can't imitate, they can't learn from others mistakes. From my point of view, this explains why chimpanzees have live in this way always, doing the same thing for years. In the other hand, he start to talk about Neanderthals. He says that we are not sure that they ...