Skip to main content

Introduction

Violence against women

Context
Violence against women in Chile is an issue that has been constantly in the media lately, in addition to being socially discussed. These events in recent years have suffered a disturbing and unacceptable increase, which has caused many social movements to arise to be able to defend and protect women, and in this way try to stop this situation. In this way, as a last instance of violence we can find femicides, and as we know, it is the act of causing the death of a woman, in the hands of a man, and only because of being a woman. This act This further emphasizes the disturbing aversive act towards gender. In our country, the forms of aggression against women are becoming more noticeable, violent and unbridled, being present in the media very often lately. 
One of the most worrying things is that these facts do not distinguish between geographical area, color, age, social status or religion. The act will be carried out anyway if that is the will of the aggressor, so the need to stop it is imperative.

Particular problem
In a study of 5,982 women in 11 countries in America, revealed that 30% of Chileans acknowledge having suffered some kind of physical or psychological violence, positioning our country as the second country with the most gender violence.
For this reason, and for many others, the main problem of gender violence is that this situation has been naturalized and massive for decades, ¿the reasons? On the one hand, we can find masochism, which has been naturalized until recently, almost without questioning. On the other hand, and under the same line of action, we can find the little or no regulation of the Government in the previous decades, and just a few years ago laws were started to stop and regulate violence against women. Therefore, it is evident that until recently these aggressions were invisible both socially and politically. As a consequence, the aggressions became more and more common, reason why they ended up being fatal in many cases.

Solution
Solutions that may exist on this subject are limited and specific. Everything lies in political and social issues. To begin with, we can find, as a solution, for example, the implementation of laws that regulate misogynist violence, as well as an effective condemnation of those responsible for this type of crime, which falls exclusively on the Government. But the most important thing is to emphasize that the most plausible solution falls on society, because masochism being so established among people, and this will cause that these events will continue happening, will remain invisible, and the only way to stop them is to change the problem root, that is the conception that society has about women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambition

Hi again, guys! Today, in this post I will talk about an ambition that I would like to achieve in a near future, but I think that is not an ambition, it's like a dream. Whatever. Maybe an ambition that I have is go to another country, specifically India.  This "ambition" started in the summer of 2014, when I was 14. I was running with a friend in a park, and when we stop, we started a really good conversation about countries and beliefs, and we decided to go in the future (maybe after finishing studying our careers, or when we're older) to go to India. I don't know why, but I think that going to this country will be a mystical and magical experience, because were both love that country full of culture and we are sure that this country can teach us many things. So, if one day I think seriously about going to India, and if I have money too, I will go with my friend, because it's like a promise or something similar. Actually I am not doing anything to achiev

Free time

Hi classmates! Today, in this blog, I am going to talk about an activity that I like to do in my free time. Lately, I have not had much free time, to be honest. Whatever. I like to draw. In fact, I already mentioned it in a previous post, but it doesn't matter haha. I like to draw people, faces exactly. I remember that when I was 12 I drew a table with a tablecoth on it because I was bored and I couldn't move because I was sick. Lately I have not drawn because it's the end of the semester, so I'm scared right now, but if I have days off, I will draw. This activity involves a lot o patience, perseverance and tolerance to failure, especially at the beginning, because there are times when the drawings do not remain as we want, and you don't need too much money, you just need a paper sheet, an eraser and a pencil (unless you want to paint with oil, that's expensive haha). Now that I think about it, I don't now exactly why I enjoy doing this activity, maybe be

Something personal

Hi everyone! In this post I will talk about something personal. Specifically about a friend. She's Pía, and we were met in the school, when we were 14/15, because she is older than me. We start to talk when she arrived at school. I remember that in summer evenings, we were going to ride our bikes in the parks, and after we were go to eat something in fast food stores. We have a lot of things in common, for example, when we were 15 years old, we love One Direction, and we go to the concert in the same day, but in different sector, because she paid an expensive ticket than me (so sad). Other thing in common is, when we were in school, we were always dance in the classroom, and when the school aniversary was celebrated, we were the first to make a fool of ourselves. We still being friends, but when we come to the university, the outings to talk began to be less frequent, but we always find a time to talk about our lifes. :)